Sunday, January 29, 2012

Repair car bumper. DIY

Hello readers,

I just finished repaired my own car lip. Yeah that one, the btm of the car's bumper. Actually this is not an original  part, it just an add on to make my car looks pretty :p

Ok now I will teach u how to repair it.

Ok now u see there, My lip already brook.


 Ok now this all the materials u need.
1st : Car cement poly putty = RM20
2nd : Paint Spray = RM7 each
3rd : Sand paper hard & smooth surface = I bought 6 sand paper worth RM6
4th : Paper solo tape = RM1
5th : Old Newspaper
6th : Mixer
Total money I used this time = RM34. Actually I can only waste RM14 but I need to buy the new Poly putty bcoz I can't find the old one.

Ok now, U need to open the crack. See that.


 After that, Apply the poly putty on the crack areas n scratch areas.


Ok now use the Hard surface sand paper to shape up the lip/bumper. 


Ok after that use the smooth surface sand paper to smooth the lip/bumper surface. N then apply water on it to remove the dust.


Ok now use the newspaper to cover the floor. If u want to paint like me, that why u need paper solo tape u cover the part that u don't want to paint. This one I paint the black part 1st.


 Ok now to paint the white part. Oh man I forget to mention, u need to paint it over n over again. Layer by layer. Don't spray it to much bcoz the paint will become accumulated. I suggest for 4-5 layers. :)


Taadaaa.. Hehehe. I already finish it. It not perfect like new one but atleast I do it by myself. :p

Ok that all for today,
Regards,
MrAmpzDan

8 comments: